Masonic Lodges Requesting Assistance from the Foundation

The Masonic Foundation of Alberta will and does enhance the donations of Masonic Lodges in the Province of Alberta… the list and links on the Charities page will take you to the websites of many of the groups that we have supported in their fundraising activities.

Many hands make light work. 

The Foundation doesn’t accept requests for funding directly from charities, but from Masonic Lodges who have selected a charity which they wish to support through their charitable efforts. Lodges requesting Funding Assistance from the Foundation may download the application form by clicking on the “Funding Application Form” link below.

1. In order for requests for Funding to be accepted by the Foundation, funds raised MUST be sent to the Foundation, after which the Foundation will write a cheque for the original funds raised plus the Foundation’s contribution, to the Charity selected by the Lodge. The Foundation will NOT match funds if the Lodge cheque is sent directly to the chosen Charity.

2. Please ensure that the Lodge Name and GL # (e.g. Bow River #1) is clearly identified on any Donation or Funding request. It is important for the Foundation to recognize which Lodge and District is making donations and requests.

Faith, Hope & Charity

The Foundation would like to encourage Lodges to consider charities that have lower “overhead” ratios so that the funds get mostly to the group of people they are intended to assist. We also remind you that Foundation can only donate to “Qualified Donees” which are registered charities. It may help you to check that the organization you wish to assist is qualified to receive funding from the Foundation by visiting the CRA Website.

Our MFA District Representatives usually travel with the District Deputy Grand Masters on their official visits of the Lodges in their District.

If your Lodge would like a visit from a representative or more information please contact the Foundation President as detailed above, or the Foundation Secretary at who will put you in touch with your District Representative.